How to get $10,000 from the Government for your Digital MarketingJanuary 24th, 2017 | Posted In Business Advice, Latest News, Marketing, Online Marketing
Who couldn’t use more customers? Who couldn’t use more sales? Who couldn’t use $10,000 from the government to help get those sales?
Your business has a golden opportunity to receive $10,000 from the Queensland Government to begin or enhance your digital marketing. And now is the perfect time to prepare for the next round of Government grant applications in March.
The Small Business Digital Grants Program
The Queensland Government launched the program last year to ensure small businesses can work more efficiently and participate in the global economy by taking advantage of online opportunities.
The $10,000 grants can be used to purchase:
- Digital marketing and social media
- Digital content, such as web pages, mobile apps, media, etc.
- Selling or taking payments online
- Specialised digital technology or software that is business specific
- Digital planning and advice or training
Who Is Eligible?
Those who apply for the grants must:
- Employ fewer than 20 people at the time you apply.
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for goods and services tax (GST).
- Have headquarters or significant operations in Queensland.
- Report if any owners or directors are bankrupt or insolvent.
You can submit only one application per ABN or location in each round of grant funding. Successful applicants are not eligible to apply again. Unsuccessful applicants can apply during the next round of funding.
Applications are accepted for a limited period of time, and the dates for the March and June rounds of funding have not been announced. Still, this is a good time to begin making your plans and receiving quotes for technology or services you’d like to implement into your marketing strategy for 2017.
How Will Applications Be Judged?
Grant administrators will be assessing grants by the following criteria:
- How will the digital technology or service enhance your company’s ability to become more competitive in the local and global market.
- The potential for job growth based on the activity
- The value your business and the government will gain from the dollars.
What Happens When My Business Is Approved?
Successful applications should expect to receive a letter of acceptance within two months of the application deadline. The business then will have three months to purchase the products and/or services.
Next, you should contact us to learn more about how digital marketing can grow your business and the services we can provide to include in your grant application.