How can we get more leads to our website?October 31st, 2017 | Posted In Business Advice, Latest News, Marketing, Online Marketing
Blog Series: Essential Website Growth Tactics. Article 1 of 4.
View the full series at bottom of the article
A website without leads and traffic is just dormant internet real estate. You need visitors to your site; and not just any visitors, but leads that are relevant to your business or what you are offering. It’s that relevant traffic that will lead to conversions, sales and business growth.
Let’s look at some key ways to increase leads to your website and bolster your online presence.
Key topics covered:
- How a fast website and good SEO will help your website succeed
- How to create shareable content on your blog
- Paid advertising quick run-down & tips
- Some facts about video that will motivate you to stop being camera shy
Optimise your website
An optimised website not only builds favour with the search engines, it also makes for a much better user experience. Factors such as the speed with which your site loads, logical site navigation and some internal linking are all factors search engines such as Google use when they rank websites. The faster your site loads and the better the UX, the more Google likes it, and the longer your visitors are likely to stay.
Quality SEO within the site design and its content is a major player when it comes to search engine rankings, and the better your SEO efforts, the higher the rankings. Higher rankings equate to more relevant visitors to your website.
If you haven’t heard of SEO before then read a prior blog of ours, to learn about the basics of it and why you need it.
Regular blogging and shareable content
Google likes to know that websites are not lying dormant. The more active and popular your website appears to be, the more Google will take notice. Blogging is a great way to regularly add fresh content. It will also keep visitors engaged on your site longer, making them more likely to dig deeper into what you do and what’s on offer. Everyone appreciates some free information or advice, and blogging is an effective way to draw visitors to your site by including the right mix of relevant keywords.
The better the content, the more shareable it will be on social media, leading to even more free website traffic.
Here are some quick tips on creating shareable content:
- Repurpose and convert resource PDFs into blog posts.
- Use templates you have on hand, but might take for granted. These can prove really helpful to other businesses.
- Create “best of” or “resource” posts. As an example, create a list of key websites that are great tools or resources and write a brief comment or paragraph on each and link to these sites. This enables your blog to become a powerful resource for people who are looking for answers to a particular problem.
- If you find yourself stuck for content ideas, try using one of these title generator tools to help get the creative juices flowing:
- Without incorporating the right keywords, no one will find your blogs in a Google search. Create blogs that are relevant to the primary keywords you want to rank for and keep each page uniquely themed. A good way to create related content is to focus on long-tail search terms by using this tool lsigraph or do a search in Google and go to the bottom of the page, where you will see search terms related to your primary keyword.
- Even creating content that is somewhat controversial is a good way to get your content shared.
Facebook advertising is one of the major players when it comes to effective paid advertising these days. While PPC (pay per click) on Google and Bing is still immensely popular, businesses are finding Facebook ads bring in more relevant traffic and consistent results. Plus, Facebook ads are visual.
It can take some time to really fine-tune your campaigns and get them profitable, and there is a learning curve, but once you’ve tested, know what works and what doesn’t, launching profitable ad campaigns becomes a lot easier with a far greater ROI.
The trick is to start out small, with modest budgets, until you know what works. Otherwise PPC could end up costing you a lot of money for little to no return.
While Facebook advertising has been proven to be effective, don’t limit your advertising spend to Facebook alone. It’s best to have a variety of channels working for you, as each industry is different. If you can get multiple channels converting, you will end up with a much more effective digital marketing system.
According to Forbes, video is set to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by the year 2019, and some 90% of people state that product videos help them make a purchasing decision.
If you are yet to add some video to your marketing mix, then you are definitely leaving money on the table. Videos can be embedded on your website, displayed via your YouTube channel (sending traffic to your site), and even included in the emails you send out to your subscribers.
Some advantages of video at a glance:
- Promotes brand recall
- Videos are shareable content that can go viral
- Boost your website’s SEO
- Many people prefer watching videos over reading content
- Videos strengthen your marketing message
Do more of what works
Getting more leads to your website is about following certain tried and true methods and discovering what works best for you. Once you know this, it’s merely a matter of scaling up those efforts to increase your traffic exponentially.
Shareable content, paid advertising and engaging, informative videos all play their part in drawing in more traffic and visitors who are interested in your brand. Once your website is getting an increasing flow of traffic, the next step of the process is to keep them engaged once they’re on your site and/or convert them into leads.
Having an attractive, professional looking website that is both optimised and user-friendly will help retain your visitors and keep them coming back.