17 Million aussie’s online. How many visit you?September 26th, 2013 | Posted In Business Advice, Online Marketing, Web Strategy
I hope the first half of 2013 has been awesome for your business and now that we’re into the second half of the year, I hope you are pumped and ready for a great finish to 2013. Here’s some reasons why you should be…
17.2 million Australians online in June 2013
With a staggering 17.2 million Australians accessing the internet during June, it’s no wonder that the opportunities for businesses to market and engage their audience has never been better.
Key Online Stats:
- 17.2 Million Australian online
- 31.0 Billion page views
- 38.5 Billion minutes spent online
- Google & Facebook are the top two brands by unique audience
Source: Nielsen Online Ratings – Hybrid, June 2013
The key to keeping up with technology
Are you using the internet to it’s maximum potential?
If you are not (and who can really blame you as technology is changing so fast it’s easy to fall behind your competition online) here’s some tips to get you ahead online.
Focus on the technologies that are most effective – at this stage Google & Facebook are definitely the two top brands, along with Youtube coming in a close third. So rather than be overwhelmed, why not focus on how you can leverage Google, Facebook and Youtube better in your business?
- Have a custom cover photo, profile image and at least 1 – 2 custom tabs.
- Increase likes buy 500 using sponsored stories and by posting every day 1 – 3 times (at different times, and no this is not too much).
- Make sure you have ‘like us on facebook’ in your email signature, website and on your printed marketing material.
- Think about running a competition online.
- Do some keyword research (set up a Google Adwords account and use the Keyword Planner Tool).
- Start running some Pay Per Click advertising (make sure you set a budget).
- Blog – get a blog or if you have already have one, starting posting something new weekly, fortnightly or at a minimum once a month. Fresh new content will help you rank better in Google.
- Make sure you put in your Meta tags to help your website page rankings (Here’s some tips on this if you use our Site Synergy CMS.
- Start shooting video (no you do not need a fancy camera for this). Here’s a great article by Wistia showing that the Iphone camera can shoot great video.
- Set up a Youtube account and upload 1 video a month, at a minimum.
- Content ideas – interview your clients, have your staff talk about their work, record your staff working, put together a range of typical questions clients ask, and answer them on video.
- Post your videos on your blog and share them on Facebook.
As Charles Schumer said “Inaction is perhaps the greatest mistake of all”, so review the above tips and make some action plans today to start connecting your business to the 17.2 million Australians that where online in June 2013.
If you would prefer, talk to us and we can put together a complete digital strategy to help you do all of the above and more, and do it even better.